MID BACK PAIN
Do you feel like you're hunching over too much?
Understanding the Structure
Our mid back consists of 12 spinal bones (vertebrae) referred to as the thoracic spine, as well as 12 ribs. In between each spinal vertebrae are small discs that allow for movement, and act as shock absorbers for your spine. Ribs on both sides of each vertebrae join and from the rib cage.
Common Causes for Mid Back Pain
- Vertebral Subluxation Complex – If the spine is not properly aligned, joint movement and function within the back can become painful. This has the potential to cause nerve irritation and muscle tightness.
- Spinal Degeneration – Over time, wear and tear can lead to degeneration in the spine. This can cause tenderness, pain and tightness within the back.
- Other Conditions – Other less common conditions that may cause mid back pain include disc herniation and fracture.
Can Chiropractic Care Help?
Evidence shows that chiropractic care is an effective treatment of mid back pain. By realigning the spine and regaining function back into the joints, we release the pressure and allow the muscles and nerves to recover.
- Schiller, L. (2001). Effectiveness of spinal manipulative therapy in the treatment of mechanical thoracic spine pain: A pilot randomized clinical trial. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 24(6), pp.394–401.
- <a href=”https://www.freepik.com/photos/woman”>Woman photo created by freepik – www.freepik.com</a>